27 January 2014

The installer was interrupted before application could be installed. You need to restart installer to try again

Introduction: 

In this article I will explain how to solve “
The installer was interrupted before application could be installed. You need to restart installer to try again” problem during installation of custom web setup projects in system.

Description:

In previous article I explained how to create setup project to deploy application in IIS. After create a create Setup project for that application I tried to install it in my system during that time I got error like “The installer was interrupted before application could be installed. You need to restart installer to try again”.

To solve this problem I made some of changes in my system.

Follow below steps to solve this problem

Step1: Go to Control Panel ---> Programs ---> Uninstall a Program ---> Turn Windows features on or off
 
Step 2: After click on Turn Windows features on or off option one new window will open in that select Internet Information Service ---> Web Management Tools ---> IIS 6 Management Compatibility ---> in that select IIS Metabase and IIS6 configuration compatibility

Once you select IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility click OK.

After completion all of above processes try to install setup file it will work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment